Mission of ACT
- Give added STRENGTH to the local, state, regional, and national professional organizations.
- Stimulate professional GROWTH and leadership.
- Foster democratic classroom teacher participation within schools in the formulation of educational policies.
- Encourage teachers to assume responsibilities as citizens and EXERCISE their rights and privileges.
- Work for a higher QUALITY of teaching to promote the welfare of classroom teachers and maintain academic freedom.
What Has ACT Done For You?
- Promoted the Network for Alabama Teaching Fellows
- Planned for development of suicide prevention resources
- Addressed issues of College- and Career-Ready Standards through formulation of a White Paper
- Developed EDUCATEAlabama Resource Guide for formative teacher evaluation
- Created Substitute Teacher Training & Handbook
- Collaborated with Alabama State Department of Education to develop Models of Collaboration training module for instruction of students with special needs
- Presented professional teaching and learning opportunities
- Preserved and strengthened the classroom teacher’s voice
Why Join ACT?
- Impact instructional decisions
- Build leadership skills and promote academic excellence.
- Address and formulate instructional positions through the ACT Representative Assembly.
- Work for a higher quality of teaching.
- Promote the welfare of classroom teachers.
- Address issues of importance to classroom teachers, provide high-quality professional learning activities and develop proposals for improving the instructional program.
ACT Division Contact:
Dr. Pamela Fossett, AEA Education Policy and Professional Policy Manager