The Alabama State Department of Education (ALSDE), in cooperation with the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS), will assist teachers who are interested in applying for National Board Certification as first-time candidates. The state has been awarded funds to pay the $1,900 assessment fee required by the NBPTS for candidates meeting the following conditions:
1. Have three (3) years of teaching experience and a baccalaureate or higher degree.
2. Teach full-time in a public K-12 school.
3. Commit to teaching three (3) years in an Alabama K-12 school.
4. Commit to completing the National Board Certified Teacher (NBCT) Portfolio (all four  components).
5. Be responsible for paying the registration fee ($75 each year of candidacy).
6. Have an annual household income that does not exceed three times the most recently available median household income or $120,000.
The application for the Alabama NBCT Scholarship can be downloaded by clicking the following link: NBCT Scholarship Information.
The deadline for submitting an application is March 31, 2023.
For more information, contact Dr. Pamela Fossett at email@example.com.