What are micro-credentials?
• Micro-credentials are a competency-based recognition that can be issued for
formal and informal professional learning experiences to support educators
developing skills and acquiring knowledge to improve classroom practices that
support student success.
Why offer micro-credentials?
• Micro-credentials offer personalized learning experiences for educators.
• Micro-credentials are on demand. The learning happens anywhere, anytime.
• Micro-credentials are sharable. They can be shared with evaluators, posted on
social networks, added to resumes, and in some cases, turned into continuing
How does this support AEA Goals?
• By offering an entire ecosystem of over 100 micro-credentials, this gives
empowered educators an opportunity to learn and be recognized for skills and
knowledge targeted to support successful students.
• Offering access to micro-credentials aligns with AEA’s mission to promote educational excellence in Alabama public schools.
Micro-Credentials Topics (More to be added):
• Bully and Sexual Harassment Prevention
• Classroom Management
• Early Career Educators – Family Engagement and Instructional Differentiation
• ESSA Opportunity and Voice
• National Board Five Core Propositions
• Working with English Learners
For more information, contact Dr. Pamela Fossett, at email@example.com.